Apart from outfits, running requires that you have proper footwear. And that’s where women’s road running shoes come into play. Cushioned and plush, women’s road running shoes guarantee optimum comfort while you are running. They are made to disperse shock in the event that your foot hits the ground. They are also designed with enough breathable materials, so they can keep your feet aerated while you are running. Additionally, women’s road running shoes come in amazing colors that seamlessly blend with most women’s outfits. They improve the pace and make running better; hence, they are a must-have for any female runner. That’s why we encourage you to choose the best ones from the top 10 best women’s road running shoes in 2019 reviews we have provided below.
Checkout the Best Women’s Road Running Shoes
1. Brooks Women’s Adrenaline GTS 17
The Brooks Women’s Adrenaline GTS 17 is a well-balanced women’s road running shoe that offers excellent stability and cushioning. It is high performing since it is crafted to succeed the Adrenaline GTS 16. It features a comfortable lining, which offers an exceptional in-shoe feel to let you walk for hours without feeling fatigue. The shoe also has Deeper V-groove that improves transitions and offers better release. It is made of synthetic upper materials, which are structurally supportive for extra comfort.
- Available in several colors including white
- Perfect for people with flat feet, bunions, and pronation
- Feels comfortable and looks stylish
- Very light and improves pace
- The shoe tends to wear easily. So, proper care is recommended.
2. Brooks Women’s Ghost 9 Running Shoes
What fascinates us about these shoes by Brooks is their gender-friendly design, which makes them perfect for women. The design offers enough cushioning, thereby, providing you with the comfort you need to run for long hours without any discomforts. In addition, these shoes are made of soft blown rubber forefoot material, which ensures light cushioning and grip. They also feature plush tongue that works with the collar to give you extra comfort.
- Made of good quality materials
- Very comfortable and fits perfectly
- Light on feet to ensure ultimate convenience
- They give toes plenty of rooms
- Perfect for people with wide feet
- Shoes are a little stiffer compared to its predecessors
3. Mizuno Women’s Wave Enigma 6 Running Shoe
Mizuno has cushioned this shoe with premium materials to make it the go-to product for athletes. They have also equipped it with enough features that allow it to disperse shock optimally to offer total comfort. Plus they have redesigned the upper part of this shoe, making sure that it is luxurious and offers a glove-like fit. Ideally, many runners have admitted that they also like the new EVA strobel board of this running shoe since it offers more underfoot comfort.
- Super light and very comfortable
- Fits tightly to make running a breeze
- Look stylish and matches several outfits
- Supportive and holds up really well
- The shoe is a bit narrow
4. Saucony Women’s Cohesion 10 Running Shoe
The heel grid system of this running shoe offers stable cushioning to help you hit the road with confidence. Besides, the shoe has a plush tongue that combines with the collar to give you the comfort you need while you are running. It also has mesh upper, which offers breathability to keep you at ease while you are walking, running or jogging. Another feature that we find amazing in this shoe is the cushioning system, which works well for any athlete.
- Lighter than its predecessor (Cohesion 9)
- Versatile; can be used for jogging, trailing, walking, and running
- Well priced and fits perfectly
- Cushion and support seem good
- Soles are not cushy. But they are thick and work well.
5. adidas Women’s Lite Racer w Running Shoe
Adidas has included rubber outsole to help improve the traction of this shoe and make it durable. They have also included a soft mesh upper to ensure optimum breathability. What’s more, this running shoe features injected EVA midsole that offers long-term and lightweight cushioning. It has all it takes to improve your performance when you get to the road to jog, walk or run. Its cloud foam sock liner will give you the comfort you need as well as improving lightweight cushioning.
- Extremely comfortable and looks great
- Breathable; hence, perfect for a hard workout
- True to size and fits like a glove
- It may take you a few days to get used to it.
6. Asics Women’s Gel-Kayano 23 Running Shoe
This shoe is designed for running; hence, Asics has equipped it with FluidFit upper technology, which works with the multi-directional stretch to adapt to your feet. By so doing, the two features enable the running shoe to create an exceptional customized glove-like fit. Asics has also equipped this shoe with Forefoot and Rearfoot GEL Cushioning Systems to help disperse shock in the event that there is an impact. It is the kind of shoe that will let you run for long hours without hindrance.
- Sturdy, comfortable, and supportive
- Fits tightly without causing any discomforts
- The print blends with outfits well
- The arch support works well
- A bit tight in the toe box
7. Brooks Women’s Glycerin 14
The 3D Fit Print overlays of this shoe offer structural support at reduced weight, thereby, allowing you to run or walk comfortably. This shoe also has a Stretch TPU cage, which provides an advanced, customized fit. Furthermore, it boasts a lace-up closure design to ensure a perfect fit. Plus Brooks has included full-length DNA midsole, which delivers optimum cushioning and enhanced support. Another feature that stands out in this shoe is the fully articulated outsole, which heightens flexibility.
- The color is gender neutral
- Gives a super cushioned ride
- Makes running or walking easier
- Wide enough in the toe box and snug around the foot
- Could be better with more padding
8. Asics Women’s Running Shoe (Gel-Cumulus 18)
Like other running shoes, Asics has included Forefoot and Rearfoot gel cushioning system to enable the shoe to create smoother and easier transitions. They have also gone miles ahead to include FluidRide midsole technology, which offers neutral runners unmatched comfort while they are running. Besides, this shoe has a spring-loaded ride, which is very handy when you are running for longer distances. Another feature that we believe you will like in this shoe is the Guidance Trusstic System Technology, which enhances gait efficiency.
- Comfortable and looks cute
- The color blends well with most women’s outfits
- Offers good support
- Doubles up as a walking shoe
- The shoe is a little smaller
9. adidas Women’s Energy Cloud V Running Shoe
Buy now from Amazon
This adidas authentic shoe has a rubber sole that helps improve grip, and this makes the wearer more stable. Furthermore, it is available in two colors (black and white), so you can easily identify the color that matches your running outfits. Its price also ranges greatly to make sure there is something for everyone. And its shaft measures approximately from the arch to give you more support while you are running.
- Comfortable, lightweight, and soft
- Easy to clean and looks very nice on feet
- Gives a cushy bounce as you run
- Can be used as casual shoes
- The inner sole tends to come out when you take the shoe off
10. Asics Women’s Gel-Nimbus 18 Running Shoe
One main reason why people love this shoe is that it has the FluidRide technology that allows it to deliver an unrivaled combination of bounce back and cushioning to give you reduced weight and outstanding durability. The shoe also features exoskeletal heel counter that improves support as well as creating advanced heel fitting movement. Another exciting feature runners find useful is the FluidFit upper technology, which contributes a lot in creating a customized glove-like fit.
- Supportive, feels great, and comfortable
- Lighter and offers better air circulation
- Perfect for people with Plantar Fasciitis
- Available in bright, beautiful colors
- The toe box is a little too snug
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Women’s Road Running Shoes
The following factors are worth considering if you want to get the best road running shoes for women:
It has been proven that how your foot hits the ground when you are running depends on its shape. And this means that you may feel a little discomfort if you have shoes that do not go down well with the shape of your foot. You should, therefore, only consider shoes that fit your feet perfectly.
The best road running shoes for women must have such features as breathable mesh and well-padded inner and outer soles. This is because such features help contribute to comfort. And with maximum comfort, expect to run for hours without any hindrance. Comfortable running shoes for women also keep feet dry not to mention promoting a good feel.
It is recommended that you choose a durable pair of women’s road running shoes. And this is because of the rigorous use you are likely to subject them to. Well, this means your shoes should be able to withstand the high demands of everyday use as well as hard surfaces and rugged terrains.
Having your running shoes on while running is highly recommended because they protect the feet from injuries and other unfortunates. Running shoes also improve performance, ensuring that you get the best out of your morning or evening runs. So, consider choosing a suitable one from the brands we have provided above.