Unlike standard suitcases, travel suitcases are designed to meet airline requirements; hence, most of them are lightweight. They, however, carry a lot of items; thanks to their several compartments. Additionally, travel suitcases are mostly equipped with four wheels that make them very easy to move around at the airport. A good number of them are also made of sturdy materials to protect them from the unfortunates of an outdoor environment. In this article, we bring you the top 10 best suitcases for travel in 2019 reviews with the hope that you will be able to find a suitable brand without breaking a sweat.
Checkout the Best Suitcases for Travel Below:
1. Samsonite Winfield 2 Hardside 20” Luggage
The Samsonite Winfield 2 Luggage is designed to help you carry your belongings easily and stylishly during travels. It is extremely lightweight, and this is what makes it one of the best travel companions. Despite being lightweight, the suitcase should not be ruled out for durability. It is made of 100-percent polycarbonate construction, which is very sturdy and ready to absorb any impact without losing its original shape.
- Great for overnight trips and short trips
- Glides and maneuvers easily
- The interior is roomy for easy packing
- This suitcase is not an expandable unit.
2. Travelpro Maxlite 4 Rollaboard Suitcase (22 Inch)
Right from the beginning, Travelpro has always wanted to make traveling a breeze. That’s why they have come up with this high functioning suitcase. The luggage is lightweight like any other suitcase for travel. It is also durable and even has a waterproof coating both on the interior and the exterior. Well, all these will make you carry your items with confidence knowing that whatever happens, they are protected. This suitcase is covered by a lifetime warranty that protects its parts.
- The handle telescopes to match your height
- Wheel housings are durable
- Protects content from water splashes and light rains
- Lightweight for easy carry during travel
- The suitcase is only available in a single color
3. DELSEY Aero Frame Expandable Spinner (25 Inch)
We are happy with the material DELSEY has used to make this product. It is durable, and this is exactly what’s needed for a spinner that is likely to undergo all the hostilities of travel. Other features we like about this expandable spinner are the four double-spinner wheels, which ensure smooth mobility; top and side carry handles that offer comfort when lifting the suitcase, and tie-down straps, which help minimize shifting of packed items during travel.
- Several color options to choose from
- Rolls great on all flooring types
- Light for easy maneuverability
- Colors look great and visible from afar
- Shows a few scratches but that’s expected
4. Travelpro Maxlite 4 Expandable Suitcase (24 Inch)
Buy now from Amazon
If you like the Travelpro Maxlite 4 Rollaboard Suitcase (22 Inch) but feel that it is a bit small, the Travelpro Maxlite 4 Suitcase (24 Inch) is for you. It is very large; hence, it will accommodate most, if not all, of your items. It also has 360-degree spinners, which roll easily in any direction to ensure smooth maneuverability. Moreover, it features a honeycomb frame system for lightweight yet durable performance.
- Comfortable for easy handling
- Lightweight yet durable for worry-free traveling
- Large enough to accommodate several items in one go
- Rolls smoothly in any direction
- May come with a few quality control issues
5. DELSEY Aero Frame Expandable Spinner (29 Inch)
Buy now from Amazon
It is not just the size that has made us include the DELSEY 29-Inch Spinner in our reviews; we have also considered the performance. The spinner is uniquely designed to bring together style, convenience, and quality. For this reason, it has four double spinner wheels, which improve its maneuverability. It also features an aluminum frame locking system, which maximizes security. The suitcase measures 12.25-by-21.75-by-32 inches, meaning it is large enough to hold lots of items but small enough to make traveling a breeze.
- Well made and looks good
- Roomy enough to accommodate several items
- Sturdy and strong to protect content from elements
- Rollers make maneuverability a snap
- The suitcase is quite heavy
6. Kenneth Cole Reaction 28” 4 Wheel Upright
Buy now from Amazon
If travel suitcases were to be ranked in order of affordability, the Kenneth Cole Reaction 28” 4 Wheel Upright would definitely come out the top. It is one of the most affordable yet quality travel suitcases you will ever come across. Its four-wheel construction allows it to be rolled in any direction. It also has top and side handles, which are flexible enough to make lifting very easy. We gladly recommend this suitcase for you if you are on a budget.
- Durable, unique, and stylish
- Easy to spot at the airport
- Moves easily with the 4 wheels
- Lightweight and easy to handle
- The wheels need a little improvement
7. Samsonite Winfield 2 Hardside 24” Luggage
Durability is paramount for a travel suitcase. That’s why we are happy to note that the Samsonite Winfield 2 Hardside 24” Luggage is made of 100-percent polycarbonate. As such, it will be able to stand up to any harsh outdoor conditions. We are also thrilled by the fact that this luggage has a fully-lined interior with cross-straps to help protect content from moving during travel. What’s more, this luggage comes with a TSA approved combination lock to give you peace of mind and maximum security.
- Available in several colors that all look great
- Spinner wheels work well
- Lightweight and has a nice interior
- Scratches easily but can be effortlessly fixed with a luggage cover
8. AmazonBasics Hardside Spinner Luggage (24-inch)
One great feature that makes this luggage a reliable travel companion is its ability to expand to provide up to 15-percent of extra space. Additionally, this spinner luggage is made of an extra-thick ABS construction that gives it unrivaled strength and durability. Its interior organizer, on the other hand, is made of 150D polyester and features 3 zippered pockets, which conveniently store smaller items. According to the manufacturer, this luggage is perfect for 3-day to 5-day trips.
- The handle telescopes to ensure comfortable maneuverability
- Wheels can move in any direction
- Does not become heavy even when you pack a lot of items
- The telescopic handle is a little wobbly.
9. Travelon Wheeled Carry-On with Back-Up Bag
This wheeled carry-on comes with a back-up bag that makes it convenient to use and probably the right luggage to travel with. The carry-on also features a large main compartment, which is roomy enough to fit most of your items. Plus it displays a dome-shaped design that offers easy access to the items inside. Ideally, you will love the comfortable foot rest that makes the carry-on handy for travel. The luggage is full-size but this does not prevent it from compactly folding up to fit beneath the airplane seat.
- Can withstand any environment
- Has a lot of room for great organization
- The price is unbeatable
- The secondary bag is handy
- Zippers on the main compartment are quite difficult to close if you do not have them facing the correct way.
10. Samsonite Luggage Women’s Spinner
The Samsonite Luggage Women’s Spinner has 4 spinner wheels that make it very easy to move around in the airport. And once you have gotten inside the airplane, you will not have any problems fitting it under your airline seat or overhead bin. This luggage also features a retractable handle to help provide unrivaled maneuverability. Furthermore, the manufacturer has equipped it with a front pocket that has an iPad or tablet pocket for keeping your devices secure and within easy reach.
- Has several rooms for carrying a variety of items
- Ideal for people on a budget
- Rolls smoothly on the airport floor
- Looks stylish and more feminine compared to similar suitcases
- The extension handle is wobbly
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Suitcase for Travel
The following factors will help you identify the best suitcase for travel:
The best suitcase for travel should be lightweight, even when it is fully packed, to eliminate the possibility of overweight charges. Ideally, a lightweight travel suitcase is easy to handle during travel. It is easy to move around and store, making it a great purchase for any traveler.
Only consider large suitcases if you have a lot to carry or if you are going to take longer wherever you are going. If you are going on short trips or do not have a lot to carry, consider small suitcases.
Very few trips are cozy. Therefore, the suitcase you go for must be strong enough to overcome anything the outdoor environment throws at it. Consider suitcases made of such strong materials as polycarbonate and extra-thick ABS. Also, look for suitcases that are water-repellent and scratch resistant.
It is important to go for a suitcase with a telescopic handle and 360-degree four wheels. These two features make suitcases very easy to handle. Telescopic handles, for instance, eliminate back pains by letting you adjust them to a more comfortable height.
Traveling can be difficult if you do not have the correct travel suitcase. That’s why we have taken this opportunity to provide you with a list of some of the best suitcases on the market today. They have all the qualities that a traveler wants in a suitcase. And this means you will find at least one that you like.