Measuring a washing detergent can be quite arduous. That’s why you need laundry detergent pacs. Well, laundry detergent pacs are a combination of both liquid and powder; hence, they do not require any measurement. Also, they do not create messes like liquid washing detergents do. Moreover, a good number of laundry detergents pacs are formulated with various technologies such as 3-in-1 breakthrough technology that enables them to dissolve in hot and cold water. They also have other technologies that allow them to remove stubborn and tough stains. Here are the top 10 best laundry detergent pacs in 2019 reviews to give you a rough idea of what you should exactly buy.
Checkout Top 10 Best Laundry Detergent Pacs
1. Tide PODS 3 in 1 Laundry Detergent Pacs
These laundry detergent pacs take the first spot because they have extra-absorbing channels that enable them to distribute wetness uniformly up to twelve hours of protection. The manufacturer recommends that you use one pac for small to medium loads, two pacs for large loads, and three pacs for extra-large loads. Besides, these laundry detergent pacs have a special film, which enables the 3-in-1 breakthrough technology to dissolve in both hot and cold water. They also have Smart SudsTM that targets tough stains.
- Work in both HE and standard machines
- Make washing clothes much easier
- Eliminate the need for measuring
- Could be better if PODS were not stuck together
2. Tide PODS Laundry Detergent Pacs 81-load Tub
Second on our list is the Tide 81-load Pacs Tub because it is formulated with the HE turbo technology. Well, the technology enables it to offer six times the cleaning power in a half the time. For this reason, you will not need much of it when washing. Ideally, the HE turbo technology targets stubborn stains and contains quick-collapsing suds. According to the manufacturer, you should use one laundry pac for medium loads, two pacs for large loads, and three pacs for extra-large loads.
- Dissolves quickly in both hot and cold water
- Can be used as a stain remover, detergent or brightener
- Does not have dyes or perfumes
- May not dissolve if used incorrectly
3. Snuggle Laundry Concentrated Scent Pacs (115 Count)
These concentrated scent pacs come in a 115-count packet to ensure you have more than enough to keep your clothes clean. They have a long-lasting scent because they contain bright citrus nuances, which have been blended with hints of fresh red berry and then finished with soft musk and warm woody notes. As such, these pacs promise to keep your clothes scented and incredibly clean. These pacs are also easy to use, as all you need to do is to place one into the washer drum and then add your laundry before adding the detergent like you normally would.
- Safe for all washing machine types
- Great for all types of clothes
- Dissolve completely in the wash
- Don’t cause spills or messes
- PODS tend to stick on clothes, although, they work great
4. Gain Flings Laundry Detergent Pacs (81 Count)
Compared to the Gain liquid laundry detergent, Gain Flings Laundry Detergent Pacs (81 Count) have 50-percent more scent. This, therefore, means they will give your clothes the scent they deserve while helping to keep them clean. Like the third product on our list, these pacs are relatively easy to use. Simply add them to a drum and then add your clothes before you can begin washing them. The price of these pacs ranges greatly to make sure there is something for everyone.
- Compatible with HE machines and regular washers
- Dissolve in both cold and hot water
- Give great scent
- Simple instructions for easy use
- The manufacturer should improve the packaging
5. Arm & Hammer 2-IN-1 Laundry Detergent Paks (97 Count)
Arm & Hammer 2-in-1 Laundry Detergent Paks combine baking soda freshness with OxiClean stain fighter to power out stains and brighten fabrics. Besides, these paks are ultra-concentrated to let you use only a small amount to get big results. They also contain unique microcrystals formula that helps enhance their performance. We like the fact that Arm & Hammer has loaded each packet of these laundry detergent pacs with 97 counts. Well, combine this with the ultra-concentrated formula and get long-lasting detergent pacs.
- Pacs have a clean scent
- Clean well and easy to use
- Pacs don’t cost a lot
- It could be better if pacs dissolve completely
6. all Powercore Pacs Laundry Detergent with OXI (50 Count)
Because these laundry detergent pacs are powerful, the manufacturer recommends that you use one pac for small loads and two pacs for heavily soiled or large loads. They are a combination of liquid and powder detergent; hence, they promise to give an astonishing clean in each load. In addition, these laundry detergent pacs are very powerful and have Powercore OXI, which keeps clothes brighter and whiter. A pack of these laundry detergent pacs has one tub that contains 50 Powercore Pacs.
- They clean grease and stains, among others
- Give a great smell
- Much easier to use
- Not as messy as traditional detergents
- May not dissolve if instructions are not followed correctly
7. all Mighty Pacs Laundry Detergent (134 Total Loads)
Although most laundry detergent pacs may not be safe for sensitive skin or washing children’s clothes, these pacs from all mighty are safe for the entire family. And this is because they are hypoallergenic and gentle on both sensitive and normal skin. Another reason why these laundry pacs are recommended for the entire family is that they are 100-percent free of dyes and perfumes. They are also unscented and will clean your clothes without leaving any residues behind.
- Great for people with allergies
- Offers superior clean
- The price is hard to beat
- Perfect for people who do not like scents
- It lacks stain fighters; hence, not the best for heavy stains
8. Tide Pods Liquid Detergent Pacs (61 Count)
What impresses us in these liquid detergent pacs is the 4-in-1 technology, which enables them to be used in many different forms. Well, you can use them as stain removers, built-in pre-theaters, detergents, and color protectors. Also, we love the fact that these detergent pacs deliver six times cleaning power compared to leading laundry detergent pacs in the same class. They dissolve in both cold and hot water to give you the much-needed convenience. What’s more, these pacs combine ultra OXI and tide power to give an outstanding performance.
- The OXI removes a lot of sweat
- Pacs make clothes smell so good
- Dissolve at any temperature
- Pacs have several uses
- The smell may be a little overpowering
9. Tide PODS Plus Downy Laundry Detergent Pacs (61 Count Tub)
These Tide PODS are 4-in-1, and, therefore, they can be used as a laundry detergent, color protector, stain remover, and Downy Fabric Protect technology. These detergent pacs also have a special film, which allows the 3-in-1 breakthrough technology to dissolve in both cold and hot water. Plus they are formulated with quick-collapsing Smart SudsTM that works in both standard and HE washing machines. The Smart SudsTM also target tough and stubborn stains to give a thorough clean.
- Pacs smell absolutely amazing
- They make clothes soft
- Safe and easy to use
- Pacs work in both standard and HE washing machines
- Pacs may not dissolve well if you overstuff the washer
10. all Mighty Pacs Laundry Detergent, 2 Tubs (144 Total Loads)
all Mighty has made this laundry detergent pacs with a powerful formula to allow them to deliver mighty results as fast as possible. Each pac, although little, promises to deliver concentrated cleaning power that will leave your clothes super clean. Furthermore, these laundry detergent pacs have in-wash pre-treaters that enable them to remove stains powerfully. We like the fact that a pack of these laundry detergent pacs contains two tubs, which in turn, come with up to 72 mighty pacs per tub.
- Safe to use in any washing machine
- Work at any temperature
- Pacs smell great and leave no residue
- Eliminate the need to measure anything
- The manufacturer should improve the packaging
Buyer’s Guide for the Laundry Detergent Pacs
The following are some of the factors you should consider before buying a pack of laundry detergent pacs.
Unless you are trying out laundry detergent pacs for the first time, it is advisable that you buy in bulk. This is because buying things in bulk helps save money in the long run. It also eliminates the need to visit Amazon every now and then. Furthermore, it is recommended to buy in bulk if you have a lot of clothes to clean.
Ease of Dissolving
Laundry detergent pacs should be able to dissolve quickly and easily regardless of the temperature of the water you are using. In addition, they should be able to dissolve completely to make sure that they do not clump on your clothes once you are done with the washing.
If you have a standard machine, ensure you go for laundry detergent pacs that work with standard machines. Similarly, if you have an HE washing machine, be sure to go for laundry detergent pacs that are compatible with the same. This will help you get the intended results.
The Formula Used
The best laundry detergent pacs should contain user-friendly, harmless ingredients and technologies. That being said, they should not have chemicals that can react with sensitive skin. If possible, the formula used should be hypoallergenic and perfect for all kinds of clothes including babies’ clothes.
Laundry detergent pacs work like top quality washing detergents. The only difference is that they will not spill over and create a mess. Also, you don’t need to measure them since they come in countable pacs, where 1 pac is recommended for small/medium loads, 2 pacs for large loads, and 3 pacs for extra-large loads. Need to try out a pack? The above reviews and buyer’s guide will be of great help.