It has been proven that walking is one of the easiest yet effective ways to stay fit. And to enjoy walking, you need a pair of walking shoes. Known for improving comfort, walking shoes are loaded with heavy padding and breathable meshes that keep feet super comfortable. As such, you will be able to walk in them for a pretty long time without foot fatigue. The outer soles of walking shoes also absorb shock whenever your feet come to contact with the surface you are walking on. In these top 10 best women’s walking shoes in 2018 reviews, we have listed the best brands to give you a rough idea of what’s out there.
Checkout Top 10 Best Women’s Walking Shoes
1. Skechers Sport Women’s Lace-up Sneaker
Skechers has not just made this lace-up sneaker for walking but also they have crafted it with attractive leather upper to enhance your style. The attractive leather upper has stylish contrast inlays that will look great on your feet. Besides, the manufacturer has given the sneaker enough comfort and support by equipping it with a padded collar and tongue. There is also a thick mid-sole that totally absorbs shock with each step you make.
- Colors look great on feet
- Makes you feel like you are walking on air
- Has a wide ankle support
- Well built to take on any terrain
- Runs smaller than other brands
2. Skechers Women’s Go Walk 4 Walking Shoe
This walking shoe features a tapering midfoot design that helps improve the arch support. It also has a new Goga max high rebound footbed, which energizes every step. Plus there is a bamboo-lined footbed, which controls odors caused by bacteria. The shoe is radically lightweight to let you walk for long hours without fatigue. Moreover, it has a virtually seamless construction to ensure a comfortable fit. We are certain that it will quickly become your favorite footwear.
- Heel and arch support are good
- Can be worn for long hours
- Does not have a breaking in period
- Well made and hold together perfectly
- The shoe is not as cute as other brands
3. Skechers Women’s Bikers Pedestrian Slip-On Moccasin
Since this slip-on moccasin is crafted with a rubber sole, expect it to provide enough comfort. Additionally, the rubber sole is durable; hence, will stand up to rugged terrains. The slip-on moccasin also features a cushioned memory footbed that helps promote extra comfort. Plus its heel measures approximately 0.75 inches, so it can provide more stability. Because of its flexible design, this shoe can be used in any environment including the workplace.
- Ideal for a wide foot
- The suede looks beautiful and holds up well
- Stylish and comfortable
- Has heel liner that protects the heel from injuries
- Goes well with jeans
- The sizing is a little off
4. Skechers Women’s Go Walk 3 Slip-On Walking Shoe
This slip-on walking shoe has a memory form fit design that features memory foam padding around the heel to give your feet a custom-feel fit. It also features Goga Pillars sensors that enable it to offer feedback and flexibility to allow for a more responsive walking experience. Besides, the walking shoe weighs only 4 ounces in a women’s size 7, meaning it is lightweight enough to make walking much better.
- Great for people with plantar fasciitis and high arches
- Can be worn to shopping or to the grocery store
- Light and has great ventilation
- The style looks unique and beautiful
- The size is slightly small
5. Skechers Women’s Go Walk 4 Propel Walking Shoe
We love the fact that this walking shoe energizes every step with its Goga max high rebound insole. We also love its breathable mesh upper that will keep your feet cool even while you are walking on the hot summer sun. Furthermore, the walking shoe has a soft fabric lining that contributes to comfort as well. Other features of this walking shoe include innovative 5gen midsole cushioning and synthetic sole.
- Colors look vibrant and beautiful
- Fits perfectly and feels great
- The fabric breathes well
- Large toe box to let you flex your toe if needed
- Not the most comfortable walking shoe
6. Dr. Scholl’s Women’s Madison Fashion Sneaker
Dr. Scholl’s Shoes has designed this fashion sneaker with a durable and flexible outsole, so it can take you anywhere. They have also included a padded collar to promote extra cushioning, which in turn, allows for all-day wear. In addition, there are 3 distinct zones that provide maximum comfort. Whether you are looking for versatility or comfort, this fashion sneaker is the footwear to turn to. We find its material mixing worthy to talk about, as it adds contrast and interest. We also like its rubber sidewalls and soles because they enhance performance just like other features.
- Can be worn with or without socks
- Easy to break in
- Does not make feet sweaty
- Goes well with dresses and yoga pants
- Requires breaking in, though, this is extremely easy and does not take long.
7. Skechers Women’s Go Walk 4 Achiever Walking Shoe
What’s unique about this walking shoe is that it expands naturally, so it can offer a comfortable and natural fit. Well, not all walking shoes for women have the ability to expand naturally, and that’s why we have included it here. Another fascinating feature that we have to mention is the bamboo-lined footbed, which controls bacterial odor to help keep your feet fresh. The walking shoe is also equipped with the new Goga Max high rebound footbed that will energize each of your steps as you walk.
- Keeps feet from hurting
- Great for older women
- Extremely light and fits perfectly
- Color looks beautiful
- Fits a bit large
8. Skechers Women’s Lovestory Mary Jane Flat
The Lovestory Mary Jane Flat is practical and elegant. That’s why we recommend it for you, especially if you are looking for a piece of footwear that will enhance your style without sacrificing comfort. It has a breathable jersey lining that improves breathability, as well as a decorative whip stitch that elevates casual style. Ideally, we are impressed with the EVA midsole of the shoe, as it provides a soft cushion to the underfoot.
- Comfortable for all-day wear
- The toe box is roomy
- Fits perfectly and looks really cute
- Good for dancing, running, and walking
- Could be better with more padding
9. Skechers Women’s Go Step Challenge Walking Shoe
Superior comfort is what this walking shoe provides with its innovative features like the rubber sole. Moreover, the shoe has Goga Mat energy-return insole, which improves comfort as well. Another feature, which is also worth talking about, is the round toe box. Unlike other toe rooms, the round toe box of this shoe provides more room to the toe to allow you to flex it if needed. We are certain that this is the type of shoe you need for daily walks.
- Sharp looking and extremely comfortable
- Fits perfectly to promote convenience
- The black color looks professional
- It is a little loose at the heels
10. Skechers Women’s Go Step-Seashore Boating Shoe
The fact that this boating shoe is crafted with a soft fabric lining means it is super comfortable. It is, therefore, exactly what you need if you walk a lot. It has Goga max return energy insole that promotes comfort just like the lining. Furthermore, many users who have tried the shoe before have agreed that the two-piece midsole is useful. And this is because it is made of resalyte and go pillars, which work together to energize each step.
- Provides all-around comfort
- Looks very good with shorts and jeans
- Super light and fits perfectly
- It is a bit snug.
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Women’s Walking Shoes
You must know what it takes to get the best walking shoes for women because this is what will help you land a suitable brand. Therefore, check out the following factors to consider.
Since you are looking for a pair of shoes for walking, it is advisable to put comfort before everything. This means the shoes you go for should have more than enough features that support comfort. On that note, look for a pair of shoes that is well padded and even has a breathable lining, among other comfort-supporting features.
The Size of the Shoe
You must know that some pairs of walking shoes run small, while others run large. Therefore, make sure you have the sizing chart from the company you are about to buy their shoes. Well, this will help you avoid buying shoes that are either too tight or too loose.
Also, it is important to note that for a shoe to be comfortable, it must not be necessarily expensive. Walking shoes are available at different prices, meaning there are some that you can buy in a snap and others that you have to save for. With this in mind, be sure to come up with a reasonable budget to help you get a perfect pair without going overboard in terms of spending.
Walking is one of the most convenient ways to stay fit. It is also one of the best ways to break the monotony. But to enjoy your morning or evening walks, you need a high functioning pair of walking shoes. That’s why we have worked tirelessly to provide you with the above list that we have full confidence in.