Kids need a lot of items to help with their development. And a slumber bag is no doubt one of them. Warm, cozy, and soft, a slumber bag provides kids with a perfect place to sleep during sleepovers at a friend’s home or grandparents’ place. Slumber bags are also ideal for camping trips since they are lightweight for easy carry. They encourage kids to bond with their friends during sleepovers; hence, helping them to learn how to socialize with people when they become of age. As a good parent, you need to get one for your kid. And all you have to do is to read the following top 10 best slumber bags for kids in 2018 reviews.
List of the Best Slumber Bags for Kids below:
1. Wildkin Olive Kids Nap Mat
The Wildkin Olive Kids Nap Mat is a versatile slumber bag that can be used both at home and in school. It makes a great purchase for kids in preschool or daycare since it comes with a handy carrying strap for easy carry. It also features removable pillows that help support your son’s head while he is fast asleep. By so doing, these pillows ensure that he does not have neck pain the following morning.
- Kids love it because of its stunning appearance
- It is dry-able and very easy to wash
- Cozy enough to give little ones a good sleep/rest
- Perfect for daycare and camping
- Needs more padding
2. Disney Princess Slumber Bag Set
The convenience of this slumber bag set makes it a great purchase for kids who are always on the go. The bag is very easy to transport, and, therefore, can be used anywhere. It measures 46 inches long by 26 inches wide by 3 inches high, making it the perfectly sized slumber bag for your little one. Additionally, this slumber bag set is made of a polyester material to give a durable performance without sacrificing its comfort.
- Very affordable
- Good for sleepovers
- Can be bought as a Christmas or Birthday gift
- It grows with the kid
- Not very thick, but you can quickly solve this by including a blanket
3. Disney Frozen Anna and Elsa Pink Slumberbag (Pink)
Many parents love buying their kids this slumber bag because of the Disney theme. The slumber bag is made for kids aged between 4 – 8 years, making it popular among the young generation. Besides, it is made of polyester, which is one of the strongest yet comfortable materials. The manufacturer has also included drawstring carrying bag, so your youngster can easily carry it when going for a sleepover.
- Will look great in your little one’s room
- Does not cost much
- Helpful during sleepovers
- Easy to carry with the included drawstring carry bag
- Works well for kids aged between 4 – 8 years
- It is for indoor use only
4. Melissa & Doug Alligator Sleeping Bag
Melissa & Doug brands are one of the best. That’s why many customers love this alligator sleeping bag. At only 2.2 pounds, the sleeping bag is very easy to carry during travel. And this means it can be used for camping and sleepovers. What’s more, the bag measures 68-by-36-by-9 inches, so it can provide a perfect platform for sleeping. Ideally, you will be happy with Melissa & Doug for including a high-quality polyester fill, which improves comfort.
- Blends well with the existing décor in the kid’s room
- Improves creativity and promotes fun
- Made well to last longer
- Lightweight; hence, easy to carry around
- A little noisy, but this is to improve creativity
5. Wildkin Original Nap Mat (Dinomite Dinosaur)
The design of this original nap mat from Wildkin is superb. That’s why we have included it in our reviews. It displays dinosaur drawings that will make your kid more knowledgeable, particularly about dinosaurs. The nap mat is also made with convenience in mind, considering that it features Velcro fastening straps that make it very easy to roll up. Your kid will, therefore, have no problem carrying it to a friend’s house, perhaps for a sleepover.
- Does not consume a lot of time to wash
- Provides comfortable sleep
- The design improves the aesthetics of any room
- Easy to store when it’s not in use
- Does not come with any form of padding for comfort
6. Disney Sofia The First Slumber Bag Set
Made with convenience in mind; the Disney Sofia The First Slumber Bag Set comes with a sleeping bag and a sling bag. This means your little one will have zero problems carrying it from home to grandma’s place. Furthermore, this slumber bag has adorable dimensions that will give your kid a perfect size for an afternoon siesta or morning nap.
- Improves the kid’s knowledge about Disney
- Thick enough to provide sufficient comfort
- A great buy for kids who love Sofia and/or Disney themed products
- The slumber bag does not provide enough warmth.
7. Disney/Pixar Cars 30” x 54” Slumber Bag
This slumber bag displays amazing cars, which make it an excellent buy for boys. Besides, it is made of 100-percent polyester, so it can provide comfort and at the same time overcome the rigorous daily use. The manufacturer has also included a top loop, adjustable straps, and a drawstring closure, which work together to make it convenient to use by young ones.
- Offers an incredible environment for sleeping
- Gets softer with each use
- The color looks amazing
- Kids sleep better on it
- The material may be a bit rough at first.
8. Melissa & Doug Mollie Ladybug Sleeping Bag
This sleeping bag is regarded as one of the best because it is filled with personality. It is the kind of slumber bag that your kid will be proud to use even when other kids are around. At 58 inches long, the bag can accommodate many kids with different heights. Moreover, it is brightly colored, and this makes it a stunning gift for little girls. The bag also boasts a premium quality polyester fill for extra comfort.
- Matches a lot of kids’ themes
- A great buy for little girls
- Cleaning it is a breeze
- Soft inside for optimum comfort
- Made of nylon instead of cotton, and this makes it a little noisy
9. HowPlumb Emoji Girls Sleeping Bag
We find emojis in this sleeping bag amazing. For this reason, we have included it in our list with the hope that your little girl will find them cool just like us. That aside, the sleeping bag guarantees your little one a good night’s sleep with its microfiber polyester, which features black fleece lined inside. Moreover, this bag measures 66 inches long by 32 inches wide, meaning parents can buy it not just for kids but also for teens.
- You can buy it as a present for your kid
- It is fleece lined inside for great comfort
- Provides enough warmth, unlike other brands
- Quite pricier than other sleeping bags
10. ReadyBed Paw Patrol Airbed and Sleeping Bag
Parents with little boys find this airbed and sleeping bag a handy purchase. And this is because of the exciting design of the sleeping bag. It features Chase, Zuma, Rocky, Ryder, Marshall, and Rubble to make sure your little boy has a lot to look at before sleeping. Ideally, we find the innovative side bolsters of this bag useful since they prevent kids from rolling out. Other features that are worth mentioning are an air-filled mattress, a soft washable cover, and a built-in headboard.
- Can be used as an airbed or sleeping bag
- Easy to set up and break down
- Kids sleep well in it
- Easy to pack in the included carry bag
- You have to inflate it every time your youngster wants to use it.
Buyer’s Guide: Choosing the Best Slumber Bags for Kids
A lot of things matter when you are buying a slumber bag for your kid. However, the most important ones are the size, the portability, the design, and the material of the bag.
Choose a slumber bag whose size will fit your kid perfectly. This is because smaller sizes may be uncomfortable, making it difficult for your youngster to enjoy their sleep. Larger sizes, on the other hand, may leave a lot of unnecessary room that might compromise the warmth needed for better sleep.
Chances of your kid using his/her sleeping bag at home only are very minimal. And this is because a slumber bag can also be used for other activities such as camping, sleepovers, and more. You should, therefore, make sure that your kid’s sleeping bag is very easy to carry around during travel.
If you have a little boy, buy him a slumber bag that is designed for boys. Similarly, if you have a little lovely girl, get her a unisex slumber bag or one with the girl’s theme. It will be quite demoralizing in the event you confuse or not keen enough to separate the two main designs, which are boys’ and girls’ designs. Your kid will be ashamed to use the bag in front of others, and this can impact negatively on their confidence.
Make sure the slumber bag you are buying your kid is made of a premium quality material such as polyester or cotton. This is because materials contribute a lot to comfort and warmth. Additionally, the material you choose should be durable and easy to clean.
Kids love great slumber bags. Unfortunately, these products are so many on the market that getting an adorable one can be a nightmare. That’s why you need these reviews and buyer’s guide to give you directions as you choose a quality product that your little girl or boy will be proud to be associated with.