Most people are not aware that an office lateral file cabinet is an important addition to a home office or public office. Designed to keep letter and legal size hanging files, office lateral file cabinets ensure that your documents are well organized and within easy reach. Most of them have at least two drawers with locking systems to help keep your files secure. Ideally, modern lateral file cabinets are not just designed to keep your files but also they are crafted to help improve the décor in the room with their stunning appearances and unique styles. We think you should have one. That’s why we bring you the following top 10 best office lateral file cabinets in 2019 reviews.
Checkout the Best Office Lateral File Cabinets Below:
1. Z-Line Designs 2-Drawer Lateral File with Black Accents
The Z-Line Designs 2-Drawer Lateral File can be used either at home or in the office. It is a handy lateral file cabinet that’s designed for accommodating letter and legal size hanging files. It comes equipped with a lock that offers security, thereby, giving you peace of mind that your files are safely kept. Besides, it displays black accents that will seamlessly blend with your décor. Plus it features metal rails for effortless filing.
- The price is affordable
- Available in several colors to choose from
- Files are easy to access
- Flexible; can be used at home or in the office
- Assembly instructions are pretty straightforward
- Does not come assembled
2. Sauder 409044 Estate Black Lateral File
Your unorganized papers can neatly be arranged by the Sauder 409044 Estate Black Lateral File. The two drawers of this lateral file cabinet feature two extension slides, which hold letter or legal size hanging files. As such, you will be able to keep your files well organized and within easy reach. This lateral file cabinet also has a patented, locking mechanism, which ensures that only one drawer is opened at a time, thereby, promoting the much-needed convenience.
- The cabinet looks beautiful in a room
- Heavy duty and well made
- Matches many decors
- Holds several files
- Assembly takes quite long. But it is incredibly straightforward
3. Bush Furniture Fairview Lateral File Cabinet
This lateral file cabinet promises to keep your files where you can easily access them, while enhancing the looks of your room. It has an antique white finish that seems to blend with almost any décor. Additionally, its drawers are equipped with full-extension ball bearing slides, which make content easy to find. We believe that it should be a frontier for you if you value proper file organization. Ideally, the manufacturer has covered it with a 6-year warranty and even made sure that it meets the quality standards of ANSI/SOHO.
- Easy to assemble; pieces line up nicely
- Colors are true to the picture
- Looks sturdy enough to hold as many files as possible
- Assembly takes a little while
4. Bush Furniture Stanford 2 Drawer Lateral File Cabinet
Bush Furniture provides a 6-year warranty that covers this lateral file cabinet from original defects. For this reason, you will have full confidence in buying the product. The manufacturer has also equipped the cabinet with 2 drawers, so it can provide enough space to keep all of your files. What’s more, they have cleverly finished it to perfectly blend with the existing décor. Based on the design and performance, this lateral file cabinet should be on top of the list of every buyer.
- Looks smart and unique
- Made of durable materials
- Suits filing purpose well
- Very easy to assemble
- Takes long to assemble; though, this seems to be a problem with most cabinets
5. Sauder Jamocha Wood Utility Stand
We find the uniqueness of this utility stand useful. Well, the design features an open shelf above the drawer to help add storage space. The open shelf is ideal for keeping laptops, books, papers, and more. In addition, there are two drawers, which are perfect for keeping letter-size files. This stand also displays a practical style that will be a great addition to your home or office. Its features are high functioning and seem to justify why it is one of the best office lateral file cabinets.
- Makes a great complement to any room
- Sturdy enough to hold several items including laptops
- Easy to assemble
- Versatile; keeps files, books, laptops, and more
- You have to bend files, so they can slide in and out
6. Bush Furniture Cabot Lateral File Cabinet
The Bush Furniture Cabot Lateral File Cabinet offers one of the best ways to keep your files and other documents organized. It has 2 drawers that are spacious enough to easily hold both letter and legal size files. Besides, the cabinet meets ANSI/BIFMA test standards for performance and safety to make sure you are a happy buyer. The cabinet is also backed by a 1-year warranty to protect against the unfortunate.
- Contents are easy to access
- Provides enough storage for files
- Assembly instructions are extremely clear
- Makes a perfect complement to the Cabot L-shaped desk
- The cabinet has a few quality control issues. Otherwise, the lateral file cabinet works great.
7. Sauder Harbor View Lateral File
We have included the Sauder Harbor View Lateral File in these reviews because it is made to keep important files safe. It has two adjustable shelves that will give you enough room to keep books, papers, and office supplies, among others. Besides, the drawer is lockable to help enhance security. Plus it is well crafted to help you keep your files within easy access and at the same time improve the general looks of your room.
- Available in two stunning colors to choose from
- Looks beautiful at home or in an office
- Very sturdy; hence, can carry several items
- It is reasonably priced
- Assembly is quite confusing
8. Alera Black 2-Drawer Lateral File Cabinet (LF4229BL)
This lateral file cabinet features two drawers with side-to-side hang rails. As such, it can accommodate letter and legal hanging files. It also has an anti-tipping interlock system that allows only a single drawer to open at a time, thereby, ensuring convenience. Besides, the file cabinet has the right size, meaning it can hold lots of files without taking up too much space. We believe it is what you need to organize your documents at home or in the office.
- Available in 4 stunning colors
- Heavily built, and, therefore, will last longer
- Drawers slide in and out smoothly
- Only one drawer can be opened at a time
- The price is a little higher than other brands
9. Martin Furniture Hartford Lateral File Cabinet
The Martin Furniture Hartford Lateral File Cabinet is backed by a generous 5-year manufacturer warranty. As if that’s not enough, it has ball bearings, which glide and offer drawer support to ensure smooth operation. You will love the fact that this file cabinet has two well-built drawers that can be locked up to securely accommodate all sizes of important documents. Moreover, the manufacturer has focused on the style of this cabinet, ensuring that it makes a great complement to your home or office.
- Arrives fully assembled
- Solid and heavy enough to last a lifetime
- Accommodates all documents
- Looks beautiful in any room
- The cabinet is a bit costly. But it is worth it.
10. Sauder Costa Lateral File Cabinet
Buy now from Amazon
Like most top-performing lateral file cabinets, the Sauder Costa Lateral File Cabinet comes equipped with an interlocking safety mechanism, which allows only one drawer to open at a time. Moreover, its drawers have a locking system, so they can securely accommodate your files and documents. This file cabinet displays a chalked chestnut finish that will effortlessly blend with the existing décor in your room. It measures 30 inches high by 33.386 inches wide by 21.89 inches deep to give you enough space for keeping your documents.
- The chalked chestnut finish blends with most décors
- Heavy and solid to offer lifetime performance
- Drawers open and close smoothly
- Assembly takes longer than expected
Since office lateral file cabinets have different designs and styles, it is important that you go through a buyer’s guide to help you make an admirable decision. So, take a look at our buyer’s guide.
The Number of Drawers
The higher the number of drawers, the more the files an office lateral file cabinet is likely to keep. With this in mind, make sure you go for a cabinet with as many drawers as possible if you have many files to keep. Ideally, since larger cabinets are likely to be expensive, you can choose a brand with fewer drawers if you do not have a lot to keep.
The Style and Design
You are not just buying a file cabinet to help you keep your files; you are also buying one to help improve aesthetics in your room. For this reason, make sure the cabinet you buy matches your home or office décor. Also, ensure that it blends perfectly with the existing furniture.
The Locking System
Choose a cabinet whose drawers have a locking system. This is because a locking system will keep your important documents safe and secure. It will protect them from theft in case the cabinet is in a public office, or disorganization, by maybe your little one, in case the cabinet is at home.
An office lateral file cabinet offers proper organization by securely keeping files within easy reach. They are also aesthetically appealing; hence, they tend to be a great complement to any room they are placed in. We have collected the best brands with the hope that you will effortlessly get what is suitable for your needs.