A professional drafting table is a must-have for a professional artist, although, it can be used by amateurs as well. It provides an exceptional platform to help you come up with outstanding results every time. Ideally, most modern drafting tables are adjustable to let you get a desirable height for drafting. Drafting tables are also steady, so you can draft anything the way you want them. They make a great purchase for hobbyists or anyone who enjoys drawing. And here, we spare you the hassle of moving from product to product by unveiling the following top 10 best professional drafting table in 2018 reviews.
Checkout the Best Professional Drafting Table below:
1. Stand Steady Black X-Elite Pro Adjustable Desk
The Stand Steady X-Elite Pro Desk is an adjustable desk that will let you work for long hours without discomfort. It can be adjusted from 7 inches to 16 inches to give you a perfect platform to work on. Apart from its ergonomic features, this desk boasts a wide surface that allows you to keep all your essentials within an easy reach. It is an award-winning desk that will allow you to enjoy the health benefits and convenience of standing while working.
- Does not require assembly
- Allows you to choose the right height
- Increases productivity at the workplace
- Available in four great colors to choose from
- The desk is likely to collapse if you rest your forearms or wrists on it
2. Deskool Table jack Standing desk converter
The working area of this desk converter measures 39 inches diagonally to give you a wider working area. In fact, it is large enough to support up to two 21” monitors. The desk converter also features a fluid height adjustment that will allow you to set it at many different heights, depending on your needs. It supports up to 30 pounds; hence, you will be able to place other things in the workspace other than the monitor(s).
- Arrives fully assembled
- Converts to a standing desk within minutes
- Holds lots of items
- Very easy to use
- The workspace holds monitors well
- It elevates the original height of the desk.
3. Studio Designs Workstation (Graphix II)
Designed for multitasking, this workstation will let you carry out more than a few tasks without discomfort. It is made of a durable steel construction, so it can withstand the rigorous professional use. Additionally, it can be adjusted up to 39 inches to meet your needs. If you want to increase productivity and enjoy your work hours, this workstation is the best bet. It features a flat top, pencil ledge, and angled top.
- The height can be adjusted
- The chair slides under it easily
- Arrives fast after making an order
- Looks solid enough to withstand everyday use
- Requires assembly upon arrival
4. Dorel Living Espresso Drafting and Craft Desk
Drafting on this desk is greater than you can imagine. This is because the desk has a lip, which helps keep your project from falling on the floor and causing all sorts of inconveniences. The desk also has an extra storage space, which is handy for keeping items within easy reach. In addition, it boasts two drawers, which are also ideal for keeping items. It is an innovative desk designed to bring all the convenience needed to produce an excellent work.
- The espresso finish looks nice in a room
- Will not stretch your budget
- Not hard to assemble
- Although easy, assembly takes quite awhile.
5. Tangkula Black Drafting Table w/ Stool
You need a stable place if you want to get the best results in drafting or drawing. And that’s where the Tangkula Black Drafting Table comes into play. It is made of a premium quality MDF board and then coated with PVC to give you ultimate stability. As if that’s not enough, the manufacturer has included a steel frame, which enables the drafting table to withstand weight up to 132 pounds. We believe you will love it, especially, due to the fact that it increases productivity.
- Easy to put together
- Comes with a stool
- Looks nice in a study room or office
- Can be adjusted to promote comfort
- Assembly instructions are quite confusing
6. Mount-It! Height Adjustable Sit Stand Desk
This height adjustable desk will let you work in a more ergonomic and comfortable place. It provides a lot of space to place your computer in a perfect position where you will not have eyestrains. Additionally, this sit stand desk is constructed with a stylish and sturdy material to give you confidence that you are working on a strong place that will last a lifetime. Plus it has a spring mechanism that raises and lowers it in a fluid motion.
- Does not require any assembly
- Reduces back and neck strain
- Looks sturdy enough to stand up to the daily chores
- Very easy to move up and down
- Does not come in colors
7. Studio Designs 42in Vintage Drafting Table
The main work surface measures 42 inches wide by 30 inches deep. For this reason, you will have a lot of space to draft and even draw. This table is also built sturdily with a solid hard wood frame to give it outstanding stability as well as allowing it to stand the tests of extreme use. What’s more, it features an integrated pencil groove that has a 24” pencil ledge for added convenience.
- Sturdy and durable
- Easy to assemble
- The instruction is easy to understand
- Does what it’s supposed to do
- Makes a great complement to any room
- The height is not adjustable, but you can easily overcome this by using a taller chair
8. HUANUO Adjustable Standing Desk
We know you would like a universal desk. That’s why we have included the HUANUO Adjustable Standing Desk. Since it can be adjusted from 4.2 inches to 20.1 inches, this desk will let you choose the right height that does not compromise your comfort. For this reason, expect to have a great drafting and drawing experience. The standing desk also boasts a sturdy frame that will firmly and securely hold your computer, making your work much easier. We love the fact that it comes with a 5-year warranty and a 100-percent money back guarantee.
- Holds iPad at any angle needed
- It is lightweight yet very strong
- Fits perfectly in small offices
- The drawer could be better if it were smooth
9. Studio Designs Futura Drafting Table
What we find fascinating about this drafting table is its collapsible glass slide shelf, which adds convenience. We also find the rectangular tubing in the frame thrilling. Other features of this drafting table are a detachable plastic 3-drawer storage unit and an innovative work top surface made of tempered safety glass. Moreover, this draft table can be adjusted up to 35 degrees for extra convenience. It is the kind of a drafting table that you will be able to use even on uneven flooring. And this is because of its floor levers.
- It works great
- Sturdy to withstand all the demands of drafting
- The little side surface is handy
- Instructions are not in a written form. Instead, they are in pictures, and this makes assembly difficult
10. Safco Products 3965MO Drafting Table
The fact that this table has an adjustable height means you will be able to draft or draw smoothly and easily. Its height can be adjusted from 26” to 37-1/4”, meaning you will easily get a desirable height for your projects. Additionally, this table has a sturdy steel frame that features wood grain melamine top for great looks. It also features a smaller top shelf, which is perfect for holding supplies. Because of its sturdy construction, this table can hold up to 50 pounds.
- The top tilts up to a 50-degree angle
- Can be used either for standing or sitting
- The clever design makes it easy to use
- The 50-degree angle may not meet all of your needs
The many different sizes and shapes of drafting tables can really make it difficult to get the best table. That’s why we have come up with the following factors:
The Workspace of the Table
If you are dealing with a comprehensive draft that requires a lot of work, you may need a larger workspace, which can hold extra items. However, drafting tables with large workspaces are quite expensive. And with this in mind, you may consider a drafting table with smaller workspace if most of your projects are simple.
The Height of the Table
The height of the table determines the level of comfort. Therefore, you should ensure that you go for a desirable height. To achieve that, you need to consider an adjustable drafting table that you can use either while standing or seated.
The Construction of the Table
You are likely to draft nearly every day. As such, you should go for a sturdy drafting table that is more than ready to stand up to the rigors of everyday use. Drafting tables made of hardwood and/or steel frame are known to be sturdy; hence, may be the perfect package.
The Weight Capacity
It is obvious that you do not want a drafting table that will keep on wobbling while you are drafting. For this reason, be sure to go for a table with a high weight capacity. Apart from helping you get outstanding results, tables with high weight capacity can hold as many items as possible, thereby, promoting convenience.
You need a perfect place to draft. And that’s where these professional drafting tables come into play. They are sturdy and easy to assemble; thus, they will let you draft smoothly. Some of these tables are also adjustable for unrivaled convenience. We believe in them, and that’s why they are here. So, try one today and you will never be disappointed.