One of the best ways to be prepared for emergencies and minor mishaps is to have a first aid kit. These products carry lifesaving essential items, and, therefore, they should not be overlooked at any time. They have items that will help you alleviate injuries, which are due to insect bites, burns, sprains, fractures, and more. Additionally, modern first aid kits are incredibly lightweight and compact enough to be fitted and carried anywhere. You will, therefore, have peace of mind knowing that you are ready for emergencies regardless of where you are. So, if you feel it is time to protect your loved ones, go ahead and choose one from the following top 10 best first aid kits in 2019 reviews.
Checkout the Best First Aid Kits below:
1. Be Smart Get Prepared 250 Piece First Aid Kit
The Be Smart Get Prepared 250 Piece First Aid Kit has all the first aid necessities, including safety pin, scissors, antibiotic ointment packets, and more. All of these first aid pieces are conveniently packed in a rugged, sturdy plastic case, which is resistant to impact. The case is also compact, and, therefore, can easily be fitted anywhere for quick portability. In addition, it can be compactly folded or mounted on the wall for easy storage. Considering the 250 pieces, this first aid kit is perfect for businesses and family use.
- The kit has several first aid pieces (250)
- Meets/exceeds OSHA and ANSI 2009 guideline
- Fairly priced
- Bandage materials look cheap. But they work fine, so this should not be an issue.
2. Swiss Safe 2-in-1 First Aid Kit (120 Piece)
Apart from home, the Swiss Safe 2-in-1 First Aid Kit (120 Piece) can be used at a workplace, hiking trip or camping trip. It is a complete first aid kit that contains up to 120 pieces to provide you with everything you need in the event that you are injured. At only 1.2 pounds, this first aid kit can easily be carried anywhere. It is also compact enough to effortlessly fit in even the tightest spaces.
- Backed by a 100-percent money back guarantee
- FDA approved
- The case is functional and compact
- Perfect for trips
- Customer service is excellent
- The tweezers need a little improvement. Otherwise, the entire kit is great.
3. M2 BASICS 300 Piece First Aid Kit w/Bag
Designed to help protect your loved one, the M2 BASICS 300 Piece First Aid Kit w/Bag has 40 unique items that will help you breeze through injuries and minor emergencies. It comes in a durable carry case that is surprisingly light, so you can carry it anywhere you go. This means you will be able to use this kit not just at home but also in the office and outdoor.
- Ideal for long road trips
- Lightweight; hence, can be used anywhere
- Comes with a first aid guide and carry bag
- The 300 pieces improve the level of preparedness
- Bandaids are all plastic, but you can replace them with quality ones.
4. Protect Life 150 Piece First Aid Kit
This first aid kit is designed to help you be prepared for any situation. It includes 150 pieces, which are enough for all situations. Additionally, it comes in a durable and compact bag that you can easily carry anywhere. The bag also promises to withstand the rigors of frequent use. With this kit, you will be able to overcome many different types of injuries. It is ideal for areas that are prone to tornadoes, flooding, and hurricanes, among others.
- The case is compact and soft
- Makes a good addition to road trip safety kit
- Neatly packed
- FDA approved
- The case is somewhat small. However, this is a lesser issue since it contains all the essential items.
5. Coleman First Aid Kit for Emergencies (205-Pieces)
The Coleman First Aid Kit for Emergencies (205-Pieces) will provide you with the perfect way to be prepared for minor mishaps or emergencies. It is a 205-piece first aid kit that includes first aid items, which are mostly used. Well, some of these items are latex-free bandages, antiseptics towelettes, gauze pads, nitrile exam glove, stick relief, and more. For added convenience, the manufacturer has neatly packed these items in a durable and compact case, which is very easy to carry.
- Versatile; can be used at home, car, and RV, among other places
- The case is soft and sturdy
- Most items in the kit are commonly used.
- Brings peace of mind
- The first aid kit has no return policy.
6. Adventure Medical Kits Day Tripper First Aid Kit
This first aid kit from Adventure Medical Kits has enough items for 1 – 5 people. And this makes it perfect to use at home, on trips, or in the office. Its numerous items arrive neatly organized in a bag made of nylon. Additionally, this first aid kit contains many different items to make sure you are prepared for any kind of emergency.
- The kit comes complete
- Easy to use
- Items are neatly organized and easy to find
- The nylon material is not as sturdy as other materials. Therefore, proper care is required.
7. Lightning X Products First Aid Supplies Kit
When you are going on a hiking or camping trip, or planning to participate in a concert or ball game, the Lightning X Products First Aid Supplies Kit should be with you always. It is an essential first aid kit with all the basic items, which ensure you are always prepared for emergencies. Unlike ordinary kits, the Lightning X Products First Aid Supplies Kit is a lightweight backpack with adjustable straps for easy carrying.
- Contains a good variety of supplies
- The backpack is perfectly sized
- The bag is sturdy and looks nice
- The kit has lots of pockets
- The kit is quite expensive. But it is worth every penny.
8. TempIR Premium First Aid Kit (108 Pieces)
If you care about your family’s health, the TempIR Premium First Aid Kit (108 Pieces) should not miss from your home. It is a lightweight, zipped, and compact bag, which is extremely easy to store. It is also very easy to access because the manufacturer knows the value of a fast response in case of emergency. The kit has 108 pieces, and this makes it suitable for both children and adults.
- CE and FDA approved
- Relevant to nearly all kinds of injuries (burns, cuts, wounds, CPR, sprains, hypothermia etc.)
- Decently priced
- Makes a great gift for health practitioners
- The manufacturer should consider making the handle of the bag sturdier. The kit, however, works great.
9. Adventure Medical Kits Family First Aid Kit
Supplies of this kit have been neatly packed in a coated nylon outer bag. Ideally, these supplies have a wide range of uses. And, for this reason, they are perfect for wounds, fractures/sprains, cuts, insect bites, muscle aches, allergic reactions, and headaches. They make the kit versatile and literally ready to help you go about any kind of injury. Additionally, this kit is small and lightweight, meaning you will be able to carry it almost anywhere.
- The small size increases portability
- Ideal for traveling
- The kit is comprehensive
- Organizes content well
- Arrives promptly
- No room to add anything. But this is to help ensure proper organization.
10. Zenwells First Aid Kit & Emergency Bag
Zenwells has designed this first aid kit & emergency bag to help you enhance your safety and protect your family. The kit has 154 essential items despite weighing only 1.2 pounds. Well, these lifesaving items will help you get the better of any injuries. Moreover, the kit features a print of 911 phone number on the front to allow you to quickly contact the emergency department after providing or receiving first aid treatment.
- Comes complete
- Lightweight and compact
- Contents are well stocked and organized
- Arrives on the estimated date and in a good condition
- The first aid kit may arrive with a few defects. But the included money back guarantee allows for free-returns.
Buyer’s Guide: Choosing the Best First Aid Kit
What matters when choosing a first aid kit are the portability, the number of items it contains, and the durability of the case. Well, we have discussed all of these factors in details.
Emergencies can occur anywhere and at any time. With this in mind, it is important that you be prepared at all times. And to achieve that, you need a portable first aid kit that you can carry and use anywhere. Therefore, you should only consider kits that are lightweight and compact.
The Number of Items
A first aid kit that has several essential lifesaving items is likely to be more versatile than the one with a few items. But before you rush to pick the one with several items, make sure that each of these items is designed for different kinds of injuries. This is because some manufacturers tend to include several but similar items at the expense of others.
The Construction of the Case
It is recommended that you choose a first aid kit with a durable case that can withstand frequent rigorous use. Ideally, durable cases promise to keep items intact even after several seasons of use. They are also perfect for outdoor use since they tend to be scratch and wear-resistant.
Having a first aid kit in your house is the first step to getting ready for emergencies. But since not all of them are rank highly, it is important to go through the above reviews and buyer’s guide. Here, you will come across high functioning kits that are not overpriced.