Keeping your belongings secure when traveling is very important. It helps deter thieves from accessing and tampering with your items. Well, one of the most convenient ways to achieve this is to use a luggage lock. Designed for locking luggage, luggage locks are durable yet very lightweight so as not to add extra weight to your luggage. Moreover, most luggage locks are TSA approved, and this means that TSA agents will not cut them off in the event that they are conducting inspection. Since there are several brands of luggage locks, getting the best brand can be a little difficult. That’s why we have come up with the following top 10 best luggage locks in 2018 reviews.
Checkout the Best Luggage Locks Below:
1. TravelMore TSA Approved Cable Luggage Locks
Buy now from Amazon
What’s important about these luggage locks is that they are recognized and approved by TSA. For this reason, they will not be destroyed at the airport during security checkup. These locks are also made of durable materials that include high strength zinc alloy and hardened steel. All these sturdy materials enable them to provide outstanding strength that is obviously impossible to break. Another great feature of these luggage locks is their resettable 3-digit combination, which contributes to uncompromising security as well.
- Locks are TSA approved
- The cable is difficult to cut through
- Comes with instructions for resetting the combination
- Locks are kind of hard to open after several uses
2. Forge TSA Locks 2 Pack
Forge has designed these 2 locks with the toughest materials one can think of. They have equipped them with hardened steel shackles that work with patented internal mechanisms to provide unrivaled durability. In fact, the manufacturer believes in the sturdiness of these locks so much that they will gladly refund you should the locks break. Also, these locks force TSA agents to re-lock them in order to remove your keys. And this means that they will always protect your belongings.
- Locks have detailed instructions and pictures
- Can be used at school, work, and in the gym
- The 3-digit combination is easy to set
- Numbers on the dials are difficult to read
3. Forge TSA Lock 4 Pack
Buy now from Amazon
The open alert indicator of these TSA-approved locks will let you know if a TSA agent has opened your lock. The red indicator will pop up on your lock to indicate that your belongings have been inspected. These luggage locks are also super strong, considering that they are made of sturdy materials. And like the first luggage locks, they come equipped with a 3-digit combination that does not take long to reset.
- Can be used on a gym locker, purse, briefcase, laptop bag etc
- Numbers are easy to read
- Locks are made of metal and not plastic
- You have to dial in the combination to engage the locks
4. Tarriss Travel Gear TSA Lock with SearchAlert (2 Pack)
Thieves on the plane will not get away with your belongings if you use these TSA locks from Tarriss Travel Gear. These locks come equipped with SearchAlert technology that changes the color of the indicator from green to red immediately the locks are opened to let you know if TSA agents are rummaging through your bag. Besides, these locks have a 3-dial combination that can be set to any combination to add security.
- The cable feels extremely durable
- The length of the cable fits into zippers correctly
- The combination is super easy to set
- Numbers are large for easy reading
- Locks somewhat open without the combination.
5. Forge TSA Approved Luggage Locks
Like any other Forge brand, these TSA approved luggage locks are made of a special alloy that requires a lot of effort to cut through. They are also accepted and recognized by TSA agents, meaning they will never be broken. Moreover, these locks use hardened steel tumbler system and an advanced dimple key to deliver ultimate performance. You will be able to use them for different purposes including locking briefcases, purses, laptop bags, and gym lockers.
- Looks good on the suitcase
- They are sturdy and easy to use
- They are designed to be re-locked by TSA agents
- Offers better security than most other locks
- A bit smaller than they look in the picture
6. Forge TSA Approved Luggage Locks
We believe in these TSA approved luggage locks because they provide ultimate security. They are made of sturdy materials like any other Forge brand. And this means that they cannot be damaged in any way. In fact, the manufacturer believes that they are so durable that they offer an unconditional lifetime guarantee. These luggage locks are also recognized and accepted by TSA; hence, they will not be damaged when agents are inspecting your belongings. With them around, you will have peace of mind knowing that your belongings are safe.
- Locks have several uses
- TSA agents have to re-lock them after inspection
- Locks are lightweight yet very strong
- They operate smoothly and easily
- Tamper-proof and reliable
- Locks are smaller than most brands
7. TravelMore Luggage Locks for Travel
These locks come in a total of 6 to let you lock all of your suitcases and briefcases. They are among the most durable locks; hence, expect them to keep your belongings secure. Another impressive factor that has prompted us to include these locks in these reviews is their 100-percent lifetime warranty. We also love the fact that these locks are equipped with a 4-dial combination, instead of the normal 3-dial combination, for maximum security.
- Locks have multiple uses
- Locks are easy to use
- Well made and ideal for travel
- The new combination is easy to set
- Numbers are quite difficult to read
8. Tarriss Travel Gear TSA Lock (2 Pack)
The Tarriss Travel Gear TSA Lock (2 Pack) is TSA compliant, and, therefore, it will not be cut off by TSA agents. This means that none of your belongings will be left vulnerable to theft. Like other premium quality TSA approved locks, this particular pack of locks has a 3-dial combination, which you can set according to your preference to beef up security while traveling. In addition, these locks are designed with durability, dependability, and sturdiness in mind. They are made of high strength zinc alloy, so they can offer a lifetime security.
- Locks are TSA approved
- The flexible cable is easy to use
- They are heavy and very strong
- Easy to move around when locking or unlocking
- The numbers must be in their exact places for the locks to work
9. Acrodo TSA Approved Luggage Lock (2 Pack)
Nearly all luggage locks are made with durability in mind. However, we have a feeling that these luggage locks are among the strongest if not the strongest of them all. They are made of 100-percent solid steel construction that enables them to overcome all kinds of force such as breaks and cuts. These luggage locks also have a pop-up indicator that will notify you whenever a TSA agent has opened your bag. And, of course, they have the 3-digit combination to eliminate the need to use keys every time.
- They are solid and sturdy
- Simple to use and works efficiently
- The pop-up indicator is useful
- The metal makes them a bit heavy
10. desired tools 2 Pack TSA Luggage Locks
Considering their functionality and design, these luggage locks take 10 times longer than other locks with a 3-digit combination to break. They are high-quality locks that are made with zero plastics to make sure that they do not provide a weak link for breaking or cutting them. Besides, these luggage locks are equipped with a 4-digit combination to enable them to offer the best security. These locks are also TSA approved, and, therefore, you will be rest assured that they will not be cut during bag inspection.
- Parts are covered by a warranty
- Comes in 4 different color options
- The 4-digit combination is hard to open
- Easy to program and use
- Numbers are quite difficult to read
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Luggage Lock
It is recommended that you have the following factors in mind when choosing a luggage lock because this will help you narrow down to the best options:
The Strength of the Lock
Ensure that the luggage lock you are set to buy is super strong. This is because such locks are very hard to cut or break. They will, therefore, deter thieves from breaking them to get away with your belongings. Strong luggage locks also tend to last longer than other brands that are not strong enough.
TSA Approval and Recognition
The best luggage lock should be TSA approved and recognized. This is because such locks cannot be broken by TSA agents during inspection since they have the keys to open and inspect whatever is inside the luggage. As such, TSA-approved luggage locks are more convenient than those which are TSA non-compliant.
A 3-digit or 4-digit combination makes a luggage lock easy to use. These digit combinations eliminate the need to use keys, which you can misplace or lose. All you need to do is to use them to come up with your code, and, voila! Your luggage lock is secure. Therefore, make sure that your luggage lock has either a 3-digit combination or 4-digit combination.
Whether you are a student or traveler, a luggage lock is one of the items that you should not miss. They help improve security with their advanced features such as pop-up indicator, 3-digit/4-digit combination, and, of course, sturdy design. So, seize this opportunity with two hands and get yourself the best brand ever.