Most airlines tend to charge a lot of fees for overweight. That’s why it is advisable to have a digital luggage scale. With this device, you will be able to check the weight of your luggage before setting off for air travel. Unlike other luggage scales, digital luggage scales are hyper-sensitive, and, therefore, will give you readings that are almost, if not totally, similar to the readings at the airport. This means that you will not exceed the 110-pound (50-kilogram) mark; hence, you will not incur the frustrating overweight charges. Here, we have the top 10 best digital luggage scales in 2019 reviews to help you find the best unit.
List of the Best Digital Luggage Scales
1. Etekcity Silver Digital Hanging Scale
The capacity of this silver digital hanging scale is 110 pounds (50kg), and its precision accuracy is 0.1lb/0.05kg. For this reason, expect it to be the best item for hefty weights. This hanging scale also features a thermometer temperature sensor that will let you know if your delicate luggage is in the perfect climate. Another stunning feature that makes this hanging scale is the tare and auto-off functions, which preserve both energy and time. It boasts a traveler design, and, therefore, will not cause you problems during traveling.
- Certified for quality and safety
- Simplifies traveling experience
- Easy to pack after use
- Extremely accurate and works great
- The luggage scale is designed for left-handers
2. Tarriss Travel Gear Jetsetter Digital Luggage Scale
Like our number one product, the capacity of this digital luggage scale is 110lb/50kg, and its precision accuracy is 0.2lb/0.1kg. In addition, this luggage scale comes with a lithium battery, which is long lasting. It also has a durable stainless steel design that enables it to overcome any harsh handling. It is made to help you escape unexpected baggage or luggage fees because of carrying an overweight bag to the plane. The luggage scale comes with a 100-percent satisfaction guarantee as well as a lifetime warranty.
- Small and light enough to carry around
- Eliminates anxiety during packing for a long trip
- The LCD screen is easy to read
- It is hard to weigh 50-pound loads
3. EatSmart Voyager Digital Luggage Scale
Given that the EatSmart Voyager Digital Luggage Scale has two-handed SmartGrip handle, it can hold even the heaviest luggage with much ease. It provides a reliable weight reading up to 110 pounds/50kgs and has a graduation increment of 0.1lb/0.1kg. Furthermore, this luggage scale delivers results instantly. It beeps immediately the luggage weight is determined to reveal measurements on the large backlit LCD display. The luggage scale also has a built-in auto calibration that gives consistently accurate readings.
- Very accurate and easy to use
- It gives measurements immediately
- The handle does not hurt the fingers
- Saves cash that could otherwise be spent on overweight fees
- The battery life is not great.
4. CAMRY Silver 110 Lbs Luggage Scale (One Size)
The reason why this luggage scale is here is that it offers ultra precision to let you come up with accurate results every time. It is designed with the latest generation of sensor technology, and it weighs only 3.2 ounces. As a result, you will not have problems packing and carrying it from place to place. Ideally, CAMRY has made sure that this luggage scale is easy to handle and use with the rubber paint handle. The scale also has other stunning features such as overload and low-battery indication.
- Easy to use and works pretty accurate
- Lightweight and portable
- Comfortable in the hand
- Cheaper than most brands
- Could be better if it had large handles
5. NONZERS Digital Luggage Scale
We love the idea that you only use this product if you are happy with it. If not, you can return it to the manufacturer for a refund; thanks to the 100-percent satisfaction warranty. Another feature we find amazing in this luggage scale is the dual-unit display that shows two weighing units in kilograms and pounds separately. The unit has a button that allows you to quickly switch the weighting units, depending on your preference.
- Uses AAA batteries and works great
- Compact and lightweight for easy carry
- Removes the stress of worrying about overweight baggage
- Easy to use and delivers results quickly
- Its durability is not the best; there are units that are more durable
6. Dunheger Digital Luggage Scale (2 Pack)
These travel units weigh in both kilos and pounds to protect the user from being inconvenienced. Each of them has a capacity up to 110lb/50kg, and this makes them perfect for weighing different weights of luggage or baggage. Like other high performing digital luggage scales, Dunheger Digital Luggage Scales measure weight fast because of their bright backlit display. Well, the display shows large numbers, which are very easy to read. These units also have an auto shut-off feature that enables them to go off after just 60 seconds to save energy.
- Comes in a pack of two
- Makes a great gift for traveling enthusiasts
- Ideal for weighing carry-on and check-in luggage
- The unit may arrive with a few defects. But the money-back guarantee is there to take care of everything.
7. Travelon Black Micro Scale (One Size)
The Travelon Black Micro Scale (One Size) weighs up to 110 pounds or 50 kilos. It is a small and lightweight travel unit that works fast enough to instantly give you the results you need. It comes with two CR2032 batteries that will allow you to start using it immediately it arrives. The scale is also equipped with an on/off switch for easy operation, as well as an auto shut-off feature, which enables it to go off after only 60 seconds in order to save energy.
- Very portable and extremely accurate
- Keeps the weight displayed until the next reading
- Weighs bags quickly and easily
- Its measurements differ slightly from the airport scale
8. LEOKOR Luggage Scale for Travel Baggage Weight
Apart from weighing baggage or luggage, this luggage scale is perfect for grocery shopping. It is versatile and saves a lot of time, much to your delight. What’s more, this luggage scale only weighs 4.8 ounces, and this means you will not have problems storing or packing it. Plus it features an auto-locking display that locks once the weight is stable as well as a low battery indicator, which warns you when the battery power is low.
- Digits are very visible for easy reading
- Very stable and comfortable to use
- Gets a reading very fast
- The tape measure is a little delicate, but it works.
9. Swisste Luggage Scale w/Tape Measure
Buy now from Amazon
The high precision sensor of this digital luggage scale works with the 3-foot tape measure to let you comfortably meet the airline restrictions. The luggage scale also has an auto lock function that registers before indicating weight quickly. Ideally, we love the fact that this travel gadget is designed to save battery with its auto shut-off technology. As such, you will be able to spend sparingly on batteries. You can use this luggage scale to read 2 kinds of weight units both in kilos and pounds.
- Saves a lot of time when packing
- Looks well made for long-lasting use
- The tape measure helps a lot
- Could be better if it were a little steady
10. Balanzza Digital Luggage Scale
As opposed to most digital luggage scales, the Balanzza Digital Luggage Scale has no handles, meaning it is the handles itself. It offers superior grip that will help you hold it with much ease. Another stunning factor that we find incredible is the fact that this luggage scale is positioned horizontally rather than vertically to give you the most natural way to lift heavy items. And its screen is on its upper side to let you see the weight while lifting it with a single hand.
- Solidly constructed to give a steady performance
- Eliminates the worry about your luggage exceeding the 50-pound mark
- Gives accurate readings consistently
- A bit heavier than its immediate predecessor
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Digital Luggage Scale
If you can get the following factors right, be sure to land nothing but the best digital luggage scale.
Your luggage scale should be highly accurate. This is because the last thing you want is to reach the airport and realize that the readings it provides are completely different from the readings provided by the airline scales. The higher the accuracy, the safer you will be at the airport.
Ease of Use
Look for a digital luggage scale that is made with a rubberized handle and positions horizontally because these are the main factors that make a luggage scale easy to use. Moreover, easy-to-use luggage scales deliver results quickly, thereby, saving more time.
The Size of the Display Screen
A larger display screen is easy to read. Therefore, you will not strain a lot or bend a lot to get the readings after you have weighed your luggage. Such display screens show large numbers for quick reading, and, this helps promote convenience.
It is also important to go for a digital luggage scale with extra features such as a low battery indicator, an auto shut-off function, and even an overload indicator. These features make it very convenient to use a luggage scale by letting you know when the battery power is low as well as when you have overloaded your luggage. They also enable the luggage scale to shut off automatically to save battery.
Airline overweight charges always tend to be so high that no traveler wants to face them. Well, the above digital luggage scales provide a convenient solution for this. They are accurate and really easy to use. They are also portable, meaning you will be able to use them anywhere. Make sure you get yours today.